The shipping company was established formally in 2002.
However, the shipping operation had been long established and was born from the core business, D.McNair & Son - established since 1903.
The core business was established and operated by the McNair family until 1966, when it changed ownership to the Shaw family.
Donald Shaw operated and owned the business until his death in 1985. Since then the business has been under the stewardship of his son Alan.
With a continual need to adapt to an ever changing environment it was decide to separate the two entities and form the two distinctly different companies.